Access Tomato via https
In case you set up the ‘Admin Access’ on your Tomato device via HTTPS and now can’t log in, there are a few solutions:
- Hard reset *(30-30-30) – if you have a backup of your settings
- Use an old browser – such as Opera 12.15
- Use a FF plugin like this one – you get the option to access a SSLv3 site when needed
The problem has to do with the SSL certificate Tomato uses: IIRC SSLv3 was invalidated by all the major browsers after security holes were found in it. Tomato uses SSLv3. So in order to log in, you need to use an old SSL v3 Certificate.
You might remember the ‘Big News Stories’ when the vulnerability was made public. ‘Nothing is secure anymore’ they said… :}
Read more about the vulnerability here.
*30-30-30 hard reset:
1. when the unit is powered on, hold down its reset button for 30 seconds
2. while still holding down the reset button, unplug the router from power and hold for an additional 30 seconds
3. still holding down the reset button, turn on power to the router again and hold for 30 more seconds